From: Forum for Physics Educators
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Sent: 5/19/2004 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: Color Mixing (Pigment) question

Vickie Frohne wrote in part:
If you had a blue filter with a very narrow wavelength bandpass,
stacked on top of a green filter with a very narrow bandpass, so that
the two wavelength ranges didn't overlap, then these filters would
block the light entirely. But particles in mixed pigments are more
side-by-side than blocking each other, so the reflected blue & green
colors average.

That's a nice theory. But have you done the experiment?