Re: AP Physics-B

I used to run AP 'B' till we switched to 'C'. A complete package, one of the
best for 'B' in my opin, is Giancoli's Physics - Prentice Hall. (NOTE: NOT
Physics for Scientists and Engineers!) It's a comprehensive no-nonsense approach
with plenty of ancillaries.

The best thing from a teacher's perspective, tho, is the online homework. It's
so good, I even use it now in my Honors Physics even tho we use Cutnell's text
and for the AP 'C' kids for summer pre-work. You set-up the homework schedule,
choose the assignments to do, kids do it online, GRADED email responses are then
sent to the kid AND to you. It's a snap to see who does the homework and when
since everything is http time-stamped and you can set your incoming mail
preferences to send all the mail from Prentice Hall into one folder for easy
viewing. And all this is FREE! Go to
http://cwx.prenhall.com/bookbind/pubbooks/giancoli/
and click on Syllabus Manager to set up an account and you are on your way.

If you need any assistance with this, contact me off-list and I'll help out.

Daryl L Taylor, Fizzix Guy
Williamstown HS & Engineering Academy Rowan University, NJ
PAEMST '96
International Internet Educator of the Year '03
NJSTA Executive Board
6093309571

Quoting Rex <rextivius@HOTMAIL.COM>:

I am preparing to run AP Physics-B for the first time in my high scho=
ol and need a little help please.
First, what is the best textbook and supplementary materials for the =
job?
Second, most other AP courses in my school have the students prepare =
a summer assignment. What would you suggest for this work based on th=
e nature of the AP Physics-B curriculum, a full-year course, and stud=
ents who have no more than a chemistry and basic freshman IPS course =
background.

Thanks,

Joe Skubis
Harry S Truman HS