Re: Internal resistance again.

JohnM asked: "Have you tried squeezing nothing
between your plates?"

Yes, but only for Al. The voltage at zero current
(EMF) was 1.45 V. I did not measure the EMF
with the Ti foil; the current will be flowing through
it for many weeks. Let me add that these are side
observations; I want a stable current and I get it.
In other words the power supply does what I want.

In this simple circuit the voltmeter should show
I*R, no matter what happens inside the power
supply. But it does not; V is not proportional to I.

I am using a d.c. power supply to pass a current
through an Al foil. From the positive of the power
supply the current goes through the ammeter
and through the foil (firmly squeezed between
two metallic plates). The voltage is measured
between these plates. I expected voltage to be
I*R but it is not.

I=1.3 A --> 0.55 volts
I=2.0 A --> 1.06 volts
I=2.9 A --> 1.30 volts

How can this be explained? I am sure that R
is essentially constant. The impedance of the
voltmeter is certainly much larger than 1 ohm.
Ludwik Kowalski