This link seems speculative. Still, I should be pleased to see
support for the supposed link.

Brian W

At 03:42 PM 5/6/2004, Ludwik, you wrote:
Some hypothesized that cold fusion might be taking place
under high pressure in planets (for example, Jupiter or
Earth). Here is an abstract of an oral presentation of
S. Jones on that subject at the April 2004 meeting of APS
(American Physical Society):

Session B15 - Techniques and Applications of Nuclear Physics.
ORAL session, Saturday morning, May 01, 2004

The Hypothesis of Nuclear Fusion in Condensed Matter: An
Update Steven Jones, John Ellsworth, Lawrence Rees
(Brigham Young University)

In our 1986 and1989 papers, we discussed the hypothesis of nuclear
fusion in condensed matter and particularly in the planets and
provided supporting evidence.[1,2]
We continue to assert that non-thermonuclear d-Z fusion
(including but not limited to d-d fusion) may occur in the
core-region of the earth, and generally in hydrogen-bearing
metals and minerals which are subjected to extreme
off-equilibrium conditions. This hypothesis can be
tested by measuring tritium and helium-3 in magmatic fluids
from hot-spot volcanoes which tap plumes arising from the
core-mantle boundary. In particular, magmatic waters of
Kilauea, Loihi, and Icelandic volcanoes are predicted to
contain significant tritium. Magmatic emissions of Kilauea
demonstrated anomalous tritium content over twelve years
ago[3], and a re-test of Kilauea emissions is urged along with
further laboratory experiments.

[1] C. DeW. Van Siclen and S. E. Jones, "Piezonuclear fusion in isoto=
pic
hydrogen molecules," J. Phys. G: Nucl. Phys. 12: 213-221 (March 1986)=
.
[2] S. E. Jones, et al., Observation of Cold Nuclear Fusion in
Condensed Matter, Nature 338: 737-740 (April 1989).
[4] F. Goff and G. M.=20 McMurtry,
"Tritium and stable isotopes of magmatic waters," J. Volcanology and
Geothermal Research, 97: 347-396 (2000)

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!