Re: Pedagogy

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Carl E. Mungan wrote:

And then there is my all time favorite: When asking a prof about a
problem the answer begins with " this is easy."

This one catches my attention and I would like to hear more from
others about how you answer questions in class about a homework
problem (due tomorrow, naturally). I know I'm guilty of sometimes
saying "this is easy"

I often say in this case, "you've seen this before!" The puzzled
looks I get then give me an opening from which to proceed.

Mike Monce
Connecticut college