Re: Pedagogy

Just a thought - but I assume the professor doesn't live on
Mars and just teleports in for the lectures. I personally
don't know of any instructors who don't have office hours (
in fact, most I know work on an open door policy and are
accessible from 8 AM to 5 PM). It seems like a good
strategy would be to try the homework assigned and then
visit the instructor when the theory doesn't seem to point
the way to a solution.

As a student, I've had the entire spectrum of good to bad
instructors. But I can't remember one that wouldn't talk to
you about homework or example problems that you've made a
good faith effort to solve and just weren't getting
anywhere.

Also, every subject area has an incredible variety of
textbooks devoted to it. If the one you are using for the
class is too theory oriented, you can usually find many in
the library that basically cover the course through solved
example problems.

Bob at PC