Re: Photons in other dimensions

Quoting Ludwik Kowalski <kowalskil@MAIL.MONTCLAIR.EDU>:

The burden of making a question clear is on the asking person.

Exactly. In some cases poorly-phrased questions can spark useful discussion (I
particularly appreciated Hugh Logan's recent comments), but I think we're _way_
past that here. Let's get back (or get on) to questions where we know what
we're talking about and can agree on what we're talking about (even if we have
different ideas about it). Otherwise we could all talk about the "ummness of
vlumm", with almost equal benefit to us all.

Please?

Josh, you don't have to tell your friend that "you don't know". He needs to
give _you_ more information now, for instance, more details about
when/where/what he read/heard, what was the source of the information, could we
stands, the question is almost meaningless. Maybe the reference was actually
to a photon torpedo attack in Star Trek -- and the Enterprise entered another
dimension (engaged hyperdrive) in order to escape, but it turns out that the
photons could follow into hyperspace!

Unless your friend can fine tune the question a little more, we've done all we
can do.

Good luck,

Ken Caviness
Physics @ Southern