Re: worms or lack thereof

In the coming year it is quite possible that the major vendors will be
bringing out some sandbox programs that will temporarily get ahead of most
of the worms and viruses. Most of the sandbox programs have been acquired
by major vendors such as Sysco, Computer Associates (McAfee), and Microsoft.
However until then Windows systems can be made much more vulnerable by
acquiring an existing product such as Finjan SurfinGuard. It can prevent
infection before the virus scanner vendors are aware there is a new virus.
I have a list of some of the available sandboxes at
www.hal-pc.org/~clement/security.html

The real problem is caused by the fact that in the computer world we have a
monoculture. As a result PCs are prized targets. This same thing of course
happens in biological ecologies.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX