Re: Internal resistance

L!

I don't think that was JD's objection, and I suspect (I may be missing
something here.) you haven't given a complete description of your test,
since you write monotonically decreasing, etc.

One can only (practically) approximately test the internal R (Z if AC)
at a particular current as the only way I know of finding R is to vary
the current (by varying the load). You picked a huge delta I.

bc, maybe confused, and can't read

p.s. that's why in the low freq. Z lab (UCSC intermediate lab.) the
student measures the internal R of: a dead cell (batt.), a new one, a
P/S regulated (well), a poorly regulated one (single transistor), and
the output of an HP analog VTVM [TVM is more appropriate] (meant to feed
a strip chart or X-Y recorder). [Maybe more, but I'm not going to check
the man.] Not BTW. they do this over the practical range and plot it,
etc. BTW they also measure a heavy wire and a deposited metal on glass
resistor. These are in black (literally) boxes and they must discover
how to do it. I instructed the TA's to "not give the game away" and
only when the student was "really" stumped to give hints. We also had
several non-linear R's in addition to the usual L's C's and LCR's, etc.
all in black boxes.