Please help with Moving Image Collections evaluation

Everyone,

I am the principal investigator for an NSF-funded project to create a
gateway to the world's moving images, with an emphasis on science
educators. The Moving Image Collections (MIC) portal combines a
directory of moving image organizations and a union catalog of moving
images from those organizations. We completed an evaluation of
directory fields to search and display, and we are currently working on
the union catalog fields--e.g., title, creator, etc. We need assistance
from science educators in ranking different fields for importance in
finding moving images.

We are also doing laboratory evaluation of the information provided by
the catalog and directory, and we are looking for science educators to
create scenarios for use and, for those in the NJ/NYC area, to
participate in a laboratory experiment to test the usefulness of the
portal information. Educators will be paid $50 to participate.

You can find out more about our evaluation plan by visiting the MIC
website: http://mic.imtc.gatech.edu and clicking on "Participate in MIC
evaluation" under the MIC spotlight in the upper righthand corner.

Many thanks for your help with this!

Grace Agnew

MIC: http://mic.imtc.gatech.edu

Grace Agnew
Associate University Librarian for Digital Library Systems
Library Technical Services Building
47 Davidson Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854-5603

gagnew@rci.rutgers.edu