Can you design lessons to develop scientific reasoning by your students? Enter our spring contest--deadline--the summer solstice!

Dear Physics Educators,
We have put together a collection of human motion data from the
Chapin Gait and Motion
Analysis Center. It includes motion video, force plate data and 25
spots on the body of the student subject locations to the nearest
millimeter...all at 60 times per second.

We have created a beta version of the full CD that we intend to hand
out at the summer AAPT meeting.

What kinds of lessons can you develop from these data that will
enable your students to develop scientific reasoning?

You can download the data (ten different motions from vertical jumps
to jetes!) and the lesson contest forms from our project website -
http://www.doane.edu/hpp/UHMCD/UHMCD.htm

The deadline for entries is the summer solstice.

Winning entries will win a prize and national recognition at our
Humanized Physics Activities workshop at the summer AAPT meeting in
Sacramento.

Feel free to enter as many great ideas an you have. Actual student

If you have questions, please feel free to contact me or Chris
Wentworth - cwentworth@doane.edu

Cheers and Let the Lessons Begin,

Bob Fuller
rfuller2@unl.edu