Electrical Wire unSafety

There was a thermocouple manufacturing technique that comes to mind
that is not to be lightly enterprised by the non-suicidal:

Connect a bowl of salt water to the neutral line return of a short
line connector.

Connect both wires of a thermocouple candidate together, and
connect to the live line lead. Plug the lethal connector into the line.

Using rubber gloves, dip the twisted ends of the thermocouple wires
into the salt water.

When the wires fuze together, the main breaker drops, and needs
reactivating.

Unlike "drinking" LN2 which looks lethal, this thermocouple
approach really *is*

Brian W