Re: Electrical Wire Safety (3-phase)

There is a book: Lineman's and Cableman's Guide
which most details of varioius electrical system information.
http://www.electronetwork.org/assemblage/zone5/linebook.htm

Utility Pole demonstration by Lineworkers. Union Trade Show,
http://www.electronetwork.org/assemblage/zone1/tour2.htm

When asking a similar question I have received two answers:
- a lightning line does exist topmost on the local distribution
poles that (i assume) were grounded from the poles
- no, said a lineman-cowboy (they have rodeo competitions)
in the grids he's worked on (rural) they do not have lightning
lines on top.

(two different explanations yet I was also told by an EE i think
it was, that the lightning line was, locally, topmost wire, though
now am thoroughly confused.)

a painting:

Electrician painting by Fedor Vasilevich Shapaev… (1)
http://www.electronetwork.org/assemblage/zone2/fvs.htm

others paintings:

http://www.electronetwork.org/assemblage/zone2/ge5.htm

http://www.electronetwork.org/assemblage/zone2/jd2.htm

and some poems:

• Antimatter by Russell Edson
http://www.electronetwork.org/assemblage/zone5/antimatter.htm

• Plutonium Ode by Allen Ginsberg
http://www.electronetwork.org/assemblage/zone5/pluto.htm

Poem 925 by Emily Dickinson
http://www.electronetwork.org/assemblage/zone5/struck.htm

brian thomas carroll: research-design-development
architecture, education, electromagnetism
http://www.electronetwork.org/bc/