Re: Way,WAY off topic diatribe -was : Paying to present

OK, I had not seen the evidence that she had actually never said that. I
knew that the original remark was let them eat brioche, but not that it was
actually made by someone else. I have had what the French now call brioche
and it rather resembles sweet American white bread. As such it is favored
by children. Perhaps the quote should be "Let them eat expensive bakery
rolls".

And yes Marie and Louis were not really as awful as most histories paint
them. They were caught up in events which they might not have been able to
control, and happened to be in the wrong position. I would put the top
people in ENRON as being far more criminal because they aspired to do what
they did, and were not born into the positions they were in. Should they be
beheaded? Unfortunately if their money is taken away it will be given to
creditors who should have known better and all of the employees who were
innocently defrauded of their pensions will see little. Of could Bush be
persuaded to give them the money which they lost?

Let's stop slandering Marie Antoinette, but perhaps some better authentic
quotes from real villains.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX