Re: pronunciation of component

Whatever the dictionary says, the folks here in NC (at least the folks
I've spoken with or been instructed by) all say it with the Northern
Ohio "cahhhhhm" (As Michael Edminston said), but they put the "em PHAH
sis" on the other "syll AH ble" in the following way:

CAHHM po nent (a little less length on the first syllable)

It always struck me as odd (being from Northern Ohio originally), and I
think "cahhm PO nent", but find myself slipping into "CAHHM po nent" on
occasion.

syllable

--
-Kevin

Kevin M. Dudley -*- Director of Demonstrations
NC State University -**- Department of Physics
mailto:kevin_dudley@ncsu.edu -*- Phone: 515-2910
\ NCSU Physics Instructional Demo Facility /
\ Im: http://demoroom.physics.ncsu.edu /
\ Re: Cox Hall, Room 202 /