Re: Snapped towel (shock wave)

At 12:53 PM 2/20/2004, you wrote:
Apropos of a recent thread (do towels produce shock waves?)

Serendipitously found:

http://www.hiviz.com/PROJECTS/towel/towel.htm

<http://www.hiviz.com/PROJECTS/projects.htm>

bc

This second URL pandered to my basest instincts:
acquisitive
technical
no fuss payment
scientific orientation
the suggestion of 'bargain' status
[$5 for an assembled sound trigger board with SCR output?]
an easy route to walk an MIT maestro's steps with milky coronets....
$18 for a photogate to SCR output - some assembly required.

Thank you, thank you.

Apropos c, a colleague showed me a web based movie clip of a sling shot
expert in action: the snap was often audible, sometimes the vibration
of the shot rolling along the sling could be heard too.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!