Re: rolling

If the drum moves L/2 wrt the ground,
and the board moves 3/2L wrt the ground,
how far does the board move with respect to the drum's top?
3/2L - L/2 = L

To repeat: The board does NOT move L with respect to the ground.
This is a difficulty that Justin shares with Daniel Crowe
But this was a physics puzzle, after all.

Here's an engineer's puzzle:
If you reasonably suppose that the woman sensibly supports the longer
unsupported end at all times, how far would she have walked?
.

Brian W