Re: PER vs EdD (SciEd)

At 00:27 21 01 2004 , the following was received:
There's a rather well known E. Coast U. where an Asst. Prof. was granted
tenure on the basis of his teaching. Unfortunately, he stopped
developing and just coasted. I think my informant said they'd never
make that mistake again.

Oh my, for everyone of such I could show you dozens of PhD Physicist Full
Professors who do exactly this. In face I think that this is the usual
case. I once had an office neighbor who had _never_ published anything -
not even his dissertation.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen