Re: who really "knows his/her stuff"?

Bob LaMontagne wrote:

Hi All,

If I'm not mistaken, the original posting referred to becoming a college
physics professor.

You are not mistaken, and I think that I referred to the topic as
"peripheral", but I don't think that you disagree on the larger point: that
arbitrary credentials (such as physics Ph. D.s) are not the sole means of
determining who will be effective as an educator even at the highest levels.