Re: Impedance &c.

Sad to tell, the energy storage time of cells is only too finite
before self-discharge.

But you may have noticed that the "Best Before..." dates are
growing longer-dated for alkaline and lithium.
So now, it is not exceptional to see forecasted 10 year shelf-lives
(and that would I imagine be to half or third energy capacity)

...so there is still a place for that old joke about the mathematician,
the physicist and the engineer whose punch line runs ...
"near enough for all practical purposes..."

which for a battery would be where the load resistor is between
X100 and X1000 of the cell's internal resistance.

If an automobile lead-acid battery can run a starter motor
at several hundred amperes, then the internal resistance
might run to 50 milli-ohms or so, where a load resistor of
even 500 ohms would be high enough to be in the region where
increasing its value further might not increase the total
energy delivered, before recharging.

Brian W