From: "John Mallinckrodt" <ajm@CSUPOMONA.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: HRW CH 10. Problem 57

I wrote:

The first answer should be 6 mg (so that the net vertical force is 5
mg.) Then the others make sense to one sig fig.

Hmm, should'a waited another second on hitting that "send" button.

I see that the problem asked for the average vertical force in part
a, NOT the average force from the ground. So the answers are correct.