Re: Second law in the microscopic scale

I was going to ask, and now do. The second law is mathematically
proved? Assumptions? (particles observe N's laws.) Equipartition isn't
necessary?

Elucidation please.

bc, managed (unintentionally) to avoid a stat. mech. course, and now too
lazy to read up.

Jack Uretsky wrote:

Doesn't look like a closed system to me. Anyhow, the second law is a
statement about statistics.