Re: Nice to demo teach about size

If you go the java applet web page which has the powers of ten applet on
it, right click to view source, you can determine the url of the applet
class and download it. Don't right click on the applet but off to the side.
Then its a simple matter to decompile the class file to obtain the java
code source. Its not that big of a program and not very sophisticated that
someone cold not easily modify it for there own. All it does is zoom an
array of images.

You could write your own program from scratch in no time. Its a piece of
cake to a programmer. All you need are the series of images that appear to
come from one another. You could even use the screen capture feature in
most windows computers (Print Screen which copies the screen image to your
system clipboard and then just paste the image to the paint program you
have under accessories and cut out the part you want.

There are so many astronomy images out there of galaxies, solar system, and
earth that it would not be too difficult to do a different variation of the
zoom, like down to your own home using the satellite images from the
Terrabyte server.

http://www.java.com/en/explore/desktop/powersof10.jsp

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/classes/PowersOf10.class

DJ JAVA DECOMPILER free download

http://members.fortunecity.com/neshkov/dj.html

EVERY time you load the page your web browser COPIES the applet to YOUR
computer and runs it from YOUR computer.

So let the digital millenium police watch for every one accessing the web
site probably at the rate of a few thousand or more a day or hour. They are
going to be busy police, but it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I
wish they would spend their time going after terrorists or solving some
useful problems, like getting us a real workable fusion reactor or
practical fuel cells for home use.

If you have the images, you could make your own movie or a photo album
without the java program and get the same effect.

Its such a nice program that I don't know why FSU does not "call" it public
domain and open source which basically it is as soon as it appears publicly
to the whole universe on the web.

Happy holidays,

Charles

At 10:37 PM 12/22/2003, you wrote:
How do you know that they didn't get the permissions?