Re: pedagogical versus technological

The New York Times article Ludwik mentioned refers to Tufte's booklet
on Powerpoint. Here's a URL with a description of the work:

http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/powerpoint

I have a copy; it contains Lincoln's Gettysburg address rendered in
Powerpoint slides. Hysterical.

A few months ago I attended one of Tufte's excellent workshops. In it
he commented that he supposed that teaching kids how to use Powerpoint
was better than teaching them to smoke....

Technology is not the problem. Poor use of technology is the problem.

JG