Re: Plasma

On 11/25/03 Leigh wrote:

. . . What I am about to show is that gravity in clusters
of galaxies is easily strong enough to produce the very
hot plasmas that are observed in intergalactic space.

How to understand such gravitational ionization?
Does it happen because "clouds of particles" collide
near the center of attraction? I am imagining a tiny
object of a very large mass near the center of
collision. Is this a correct mental image?
Ludwik Kowalski