Re: Plasma

On Monday, Nov 24, 2003, at 13:38 US/Pacific, Leigh Palmer wrote:

> . . . Is it not true that the great majority of nuclear
> reactions taking place in the universe are driven
> by gravity? . . .

Yes, but you were referring to the "intergalactic
space that is nearly completely ionized," not to
stellar interiors.

> . . . It is thought that the ionization is due to
> gravitational interaction. . . .

That is very interesting and puzzling. I would think
that partial ionization of intergalactic atoms is due
to cosmic rays, UV, etc. But conditions near the
"edges of the infinite universe" are likely to
generate a lot of surprises. How reliable and
trustworthy is "experimental evidence"?
Ludwik Kowalski