Re: Plasma

I found the following quote at
http://www.wordwizard.com/clubhouse/founddiscuss.asp?Num=4419

"The sense of the fluid in which the cells of the blood are suspended as
opposed to the suspended material such as cells first appeared in print in
1845 and the ionized gas sense didn’t appear until 1928."

So, at least we know the Bio folk used the term first. (Does that mean we owe
them royalties?) However, stay tuned, I have an email out to Dr. Doug Darrow
at Princeton Plasma Physics Lab. If anyone would know of a real link, he
would. I'll be back.

Daryl L Taylor, Fizzix Guy
Williamstown HS & Engineering Academy Rowan University, NJ
PAEMST '96
International Internet Educator of the Year '03
6093309571

Quoting jwatsonvax <jwatsonvax@COMCAST.NET>:

Make sure you note the difference to the students !
1 st I taught a general physics class and said "The Universe -- the space
between the Stars -- is filled with plasma!"
A student responded " I didn't know there was that much blood around!"