Re: tether without ball

Great question: variable physical pendulum.

Tnx.

bc

Hugh Haskell wrote:

At 12:48 -0800 11/19/03, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

Did "they" write negligible or zero. What about the suspension?

I don't have the question in front of me any more, so I can't answer
that definitively. I do remember that the solution offered by whoever
made up the question neglected the fact that when the water level got
low enough, the mass of the can and the suspension was no longer
negligible.

Hugh
--

Hugh Haskell
<mailto:haskell@ncssm.edu>

(919) 467-7610

Never ask someone what computer they use. If they use a Mac, they
will tell you. If not, why embarrass them?
--Douglas Adams