Re: Centrifugal force

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Mallinckrodt" <ajm@CSUPOMONA.EDU>

One minor point: In the case of Newtonian gravity, that "agent"
somehow manages to act instantaneously regardless of distance.

I'm not up on my General Relativity, but is this really true?

No.

I think you missed my point which was that since it DOES happen in
Newtonian gravity (because of its implicit incorporation of "action
at a distance") we eventually find it preferable to adopt GR's point
of view which involves ONLY local interactions.