Re: Centrifugal force

A number of folks have responded to this well. I just want to point out
that will due respect, your question implies that you may be confusing
issues having to do with the second law, the forces acting on a single
object, and the third law, equal but opposite forces acting on different
objects.
This is a common problem for students, and shows up often through the
use of the words "equal and opposite" that has a very different meaning
in the context of the 2nd law than it does in the context of the third.

It is a good question to ask ourselves and our students to be sure we
understand the conceptual difference.

cheers,

joe

On