Re: The old loop-de-loop

In reading my own message I see the effect of a
"senior moment." The "Please share the solution
of your one equation with one unknown. Is it
really c = m*v^2/r?" should have been "Is it true
that the radial component of the sum of two forces,
c and mg, for example, in the two o'clock location,
is equal to m*v^2/r?"

Does the m*g contribute to the constraint force
when the object is above the horizontal diameter?
I do not think so. Yes, I am aware that even in
those locations the m*g can be decomposed into
tangential and radial component.
Ludwik Kowalski