Re: Causation in Physics: F=ma

"I am not aware of the condition that a cause has to
precede its effect. Can anyone provide evidence that
the word "cause" necessarily implies precedence?"

The OEED ('91) certainly agrees w/ you. i.e. None of the five noun and
2 verb definitions include precedence.

Evidently the students have coined a neologism; disabuse them.

bc