Re: Causation in Physics: F=ma

I keep railing
against arguments about undefined terms. Can
anybody define for me the expression "causal relationship"? I would have
no trouble (I think) with the proposition that, with respect to a given
mass, acceleration is always associated with an applied force -and vice
versa - according to the relationship: F=ma.

I always liked what someone in this forum (don't remember who) said a
few years ago about forces:

We do not really measure force -- we measure effects we claim to be
caused by force (effects we explain by a construct we call force).

-- Wolfgang