Re: Sometimes physics is fun

At 08:48 PM 10/26/2003, you wrote:
How big are these things?

I like fire extinguishers (the acid - bicarb. and water may have more
"oomph" than a CO2) or SCUBA tanks.

bc

It seems to me there is enough intellectual fire power present to
rationally estimate the potential of various propulsion modalities.

Not a 'specific impulse' kind of deal, necessarily: more
an available energy density estimate.
I would like to see estimates for a gas capsule,
a pressurized gas and water bottle,
a model rocket engine
an electric motor - lithium cell arrangement
a model diesel or glo plug engine with a few ccs of fuel.

I fancy the last mentioned method is up there.....

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!