Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 1:13 PM
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
Subject: Re: Sometimes physics is fun

How about CO2 capsules. Are those still around?

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, J. Green wrote:

I am going to enter a pinewood derby and am interested in what you =
all might
think about designs. But this is no ORDINARY pinewood derby. They=
have
graciously thrown the rule book out the window. Anything goes (exc=
ept for
open flames, which I understand). The contraption needs only to fi=
t on a
standard pinewood derby track and operate without damaging the trac=
k. They
have specifically stated that there are no weight limitations and n=
othing
against motors. The real challenge is to do this on the cheap. An=
yone can
win with a huge budget, but how to do it cheaply?

Josh Green

--
"Don't push the river, it flows by itself"
Frederick Perls

--
Dr. Karl I. Trappe Desk (512) 471-4152
Lecture Demonstration Office Office (512) 471-5411