Re: H2 and nuclear

A news analyst yesterday pointed out that Iran's decision to comply with
UN demands to halt Uranium enrichment etc. is all very well and good,
but in fact, during this self-imposed moratorium Iran will be able,
legally, to upgrade its facilities so that in a few years it can simply
back out of its agreements and produce weapons grade fuel. Hasn't the
situation in N. Korea forced us to see that the problem with nuclear
power is insurmountable?

In my view the opposite is true. A possibility
of using nuclear energy (not as expensively
as via electrolysis) to manufacture H2 fuel
for automobiles is a "selling point" for nuclear
reactors. Nuclear energy without too much
radioactive waste (as in the case of reactors
we now use) is a possibility. To see an article
on that subject go to:

http://blake.montclair.edu/~kowalskil/waste/

My coauthors are French nuclear scientists.
Most of what I wrote was learned from them,
and from references they provided. The article
was submitted to American Scientist but it was
not published. They just said that they are not
interested. Feel free to share it with students,
and with others who might be interested.
Ludwik Kowalski

Gary Hemminger
The Dwight-Englewood School
Engelwood, NJ