Re: Fourier transforms

Ludwik,

Being a hard core experimentalist, my suggestion
is that you try a few Fourier series synthesis two
answer you question. Take the first 4-6 terms of
the Fourier representation of a square wave, and
flip a sign or two. THis is pretty straingt
forward with a spreadsheet. If you did a Fourier
analysis on the newly formed curve you should get
the negative amplitudes.

Thanks
Roger

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

2) And here is my own question. What meaning should be
attached to negative w which my program generates? The
distributions of F(w), for the f(t)=cos(A*t) wave trains, are
always symmetrical with respect to w=0; how should
negative w be interpreted?
Ludwik Kowalski