Re: What's "Developmentally Appropriate"?

Great! Maybe, Larry, you will consent to continue your G/P role, for a
bit. I'd like to know, for starters,
1. How much set theory did you remember when you entered college?
(that's not a very precise question, but perhaps you can give us a
flavor).
2. Have you ever had a course in: set theory, number theory,
probability theory or real analysis? If so, can you estimate how much you
were helped by your early exposure to set theory.
3. Are you presently fluent in Boolean operations? Can you
analyze logic circuits, for example? If so, when you learned these skills
did you have a sense of deja vu going back to your elementary school days.
4. What do you consider is the highest level math text that you
can read casually (like a novel)?

You will not be graded on this exam!

My "deja vu" question was prompted by my experience in learning
Romanian, when I spent 5 months in the country in 1970. My high school
latin, from 32 years earlier, came flooding back to me. It was an amazing
experience, because up to that time I had always thougbt of myself as
having very little propensity for languages.