Re: Setting up problems

Is there some way to teach students how to read a word
problem and then set it up so that they can then apply the
math to it? I don't remember how I learned this, but I (and
all my colleagues) seem to be rather good at this.

If someone has the magic formula I haven't found it. I too
can set up problems, but I don't really remember where I
learned it. I probably just did what the teacher showed
me to do and didn't look for the shortcut and over the
years I have just developed the ability.

Tim O'Donnell
Celina High School
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us