Re: vector directions

In a message dated 10/3/2003 11:38:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
JOEL_RAUBER@SDSTATE.EDU writes:

However, I tell my students I'll accept any of the angles mentioned above
if
they tell me unambigously how they are measuring the angles (relative to
what and what they are calling positive vs. negative angles) and if their
answer matches their fiducial statements.

If they don't tell me I tell them I'll grade according positive angles being
measured CCW from the positive x-axis.

I tell my students the same thing but many of them need an absolute recipe as
they are not yet comfortable with the mathematics involved.

Justin