From: "Justin Parke" <FIZIX29@AOL.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 10:37 AM
Subject: planetary orbits

I am teaching astronomy for the first time this year (high school) and
recall seeing an activity in the past where the student would plot the orbit
of (mars? mercury?) based on the dates of greatest elongation or opposition.
It was a "kepler's first law" activity. I have searched the internet to no
avail. Is anyone else familiar with what I am talking about. Any
assistance is appreciated.

Justin Parke
Oakland Mills High School
Columbia, MD