Re: Private Universe and the Seasons

To them it is introduced as a direction along
which light is propagating. What is wrong with this kind of
traditional modeling? Yes, it is like the caloric model of that
thing (am I allowed to name it?). We have to start teaching in
simple ways. Then some students become ready for more
sophisticated descriptions.
Ludwik Kowalski

1) No, the students start to think of light as a pencil of "something"

2) Using a semblance of the caloric mode is inexcusable teaching.

3) It is just as easy for the teacher and just as helpful to the students
and just as easy to understand for all to say it right -- Why do we insist
on screwing it up -- out of some sort of warped habit -- as if we were on
drugs.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen