Re: Private Universe and the Seasons

<http://hea-www.harvard.edu/ECT/the_book/Chap2/Chapter2.html#oots>
where the first figure encountered shows us that the sun emits all parallel
rays out the 2 sides of the sun.

they have deniability, as they emphasized the fig. is NOT to scale.

Still very misleading, of course.

bc

p.s. thanks for making me thinking more about this.

Larry Woolf wrote:

Just to clarify some issues that Richard Hake attributed to me, my actual
comments are shown below in quotes:

Note that I also mention the need to clarify what is meant by a ray. Also,
I never stated that the rays from the sun were directed radially outward.

cut