Re: New Element

not anymore -- the last time I was there the three friends from the 60's
I visited had since bought cars and McDonald'ses were nearby.

In the 70's infant mortality was lower in Cuba than the US. After the
Soviet subsidy ceased, it rose, but is again now below the US's. The %
of women in higher education is now greater in Cuba than the US. For a
number of other measures Cuba is better than the US. Of course one is
less free to exploit his fellows there.

A source:

http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:o5N7PWQwys8J:https://depts.washington.edu/hservdoc/HSERV_515/412_world_comp.ppt+child+mortality+cuba+usa&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
<http://216.239.33.104/search?q=cache:o5N7PWQwys8J:https://depts.washington.edu/hservdoc/HSERV_515/412_world_comp.ppt+child+mortality+cuba+usa&hl=en&ie=UTF-8>

bc

Jim Green wrote:

What tends to stick in my craw however, is that
the average life expectancy of these medical care
deprived people, specifically Britons, is longer
- but only a few months longer, than my US
countrymen - and women.

That is because _they_ eat real food and walk to work.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen