Extended Registration Deadline for Case Studies in Science Conference

We have extended the deadline for Early Bird Registration so there is
still time to register for this year's conference on:

CASE STUDY TEACHING IN SCIENCE
sponsored by the National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science

Friday, October 10, and Saturday, October 11, 2003
The Center for Tomorrow at SUNY Buffalo

This year we are offering training sessions on:

- What is a Case?/Different Types of Cases
- Teaching a Discussion Case - Part I, The Student Experience
- Teaching a Discussion Case - Part II, The Instructor's Perspective
- How to Write a Case
- How to Write Case Teaching Notes
- The Interrupted Case Method
- Team Learning Using Case Studies
- Active Learning Strategies in the Science Classroom
- The Directed Case Method
- Cases in the Disciplines

as well as an Invited Papers Session featuring talks on:

Implementing and Evaluating a Program-Wide Transition in
Physical Therapy to Case-Based Learning

Synergy: When One and One Makes Three: Combining the Case
Study Method of Teaching with Peer-Led Team Learning

BIO 531 - Case Studies in Biology: A Distance Learning
Course on "The Natural World and the Human Melting Pot"

Conference details, including online registration, can be found at:
http://ublib.buffalo.edu/libraries/projects/cases/conference/conference.html

Early Bird Registration (before or on September 26, 2003) is $225.00.
Regular Registration (after September 26, 2003) is $275.00. Registration
includes a buffet lunch and morning/afternoon coffee breaks on both Friday
& Saturday, plus the Friday evening reception & banquet.

Questions can be directed to our conference coordinator Rebecca Metcalf,
rmetcalf@buffalo.edu, (716) 645-2947 x272.

Clyde F. Herreid
Director, National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science
Distinguished Teaching Professor, Biological Sciences Department
Academic Director, University Honors Program
University at Buffalo, State University of New York
214 Talbert Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260
email: herreid@buffalo.edu
phone: 716-645-2892