Re: Kinematics

Ludwik doesn't have a Behr free fall apparatus?

As a freshman, I remember even finding the "average error" from
deviations from a straight line by eye. A few years later we learn
users of Chi by eye deserve what they get.

bc who's old fashioned, thinking a sparked tape, meter stick, pencil
and graph paper is superior to computer acquisition for the FIRST lab.
Convincing the students the av = midpoint, etc. is very important.

Tom Ford wrote:

Just a terminal clarification. Dan had a handle on the calculation scheme,
if you follow the detail of what he's done. Ludwick stated that he had made
up the sample data. I prefer using "uncertainties" from day-one and the
term "errors" when the students are seasoned enough to be able to recognize
and account for them. Students come in already branded by "mathematics" and
will eventually notice that we are sometimes divided by our common language.

Tom Ford