Re: X ray microscopy (was camera obscura)

At 07:49 AM 8/17/2003 -0700, you wrote:
In reading the description again I see that thicknesses
of layers change. This means that the optical paths are
different in different layers, even when n is practically
the same.

But I am still not able to explain to myself their
"mirror-lens" setup to focus X-rays.
Ludwik Kowalski

A parabolic mirror can focus light.
A parabolic mirror can only reflect x rays at grazing incidence.
So remove the redundant center of the mirror,and if the
remaining annulus is still inconvenient,
remove most of it, leaving a 'petal'.
And if shaping the petal in a two-dimensional parabolic
figure is inconvenient, curve one dimensionally in a parabola,
(along the ray axis) and use other means for
the transverse or "circumferential" focusing method.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!