politics/off topic (was Innumeracy...)

John's note reminded me that I had penned a response to Hake's
post which remarked on a Washington Post item of a week or so ago, but
I had slept on the post button, as encouraging off-topic, even political
turbulation.

Still traffic is low, so belatedly, here is a political response on this
off topic thread

Brian W