Re: A historical episode

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 13:59:29 -0700, Stephen Speicher
<sjs@COMPBIO.CALTECH.EDU> wrote:

Reading Gamow's account of the Soviet persecution leaves me with
a dual sense: one of horror at the state intervention, trial, and
penalties, along with a farcical sense -- the jury which judged
the scientists were the machine-shop workers of the institute!
(A bit reminiscent of the anti-relativists making judgments on
this group.)

What is the problem with those anti-relativists? You won the debate by
advancing convincing arguments and never attacked them personally. Being
like machine-shop workers they did just the opposite. Shame on them. If I
were you, I would never mention them anymore.

Pentcho