Below the ground state?

I AM REPOSTING THE MESSAGE BECAUSE
THE FIRST POSTING CONTAINED AN ERROR.
THE "JURNAL OF PHYSICS" WAS CONFUSED
WITH ANOTHER PEER-REVIEWED JURNAL,
"PHYSICAL REVIEW." I AM SORRY FOR THIS.

I would appreciate if a spectroscopist or an
astronomer could comment on a recent
Journal of Physics article of R. Mills and P. Ray
entitled "Extreme ultraviolet spectroscopy of
helium-hydrogen plasma." Does it really
demonstrate "fractional Rydberg states of
atomic hydrogen?"

The article was published last June. The formal
reference is:
J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 36 (2003) 1535-1542

I would be happy to attach the pdf file containing
the article but Phys-L does not allow this. I will
e-mail the attachment to those who ask for it in
private.
Ludwik Kowalski
kowalskil@mail.montclair.edu

I would appreciate if a spectroscopist or an
astronomer could comment on a recent
Physical Review article of R. Mills and P. Ray
entitled "Extreme ultraviolet spectroscopy of
helium=96hydrogen plasma." Does it really
demonstrate "fractional Rydberg states of
atomic hydrogen?"

The article was published last June. The formal
reference is:
J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 36 (2003) 1535=961542